Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old Gay's Improved version Essays

Written by Randall Wee
What an unlucky day:

On this fateful morning, I decided to take a jog, since I had stay in home for quite a number of days.My legs were numb, many of my neighbours were frightened to even step out of his/her door to buy some grocery.After I had brushed my teeth, I watched'Good Morning Sg', the latest PsI index has been controlled from 130 to 55.I was euphoric, to bring my dog to have a jog at Pasir Ris Park, not only to increase its immunity, Iwanted to also enjoy the breeze.Iwill also take it to have lunch, returning home to play games, it will be an unforgettable experince.

We took quite a long time getting through Town Area, Pan-Island Expressway.After a while, an huge amount of smoke was covering my windscreen, to realise that the radidator got burned.Futhermore, the car stopped, no oil in the tank.More importantly, many drivers at the back were getting frustrated as I was in front of them.Many sounded the horn.I approached William,an experinced mechanic (worker at the Esso&Mobil station) to give a helping hand.I went into the store to purchase water to cool down the radidator.The scence of heart-aching to replenish oil had never been so dismay.Fuel Prices was only U$20/Barrel, presently, $99/barrel!After a through check on the car, I headed to PIE.Immediately, I look careful at my watch:6.59am.I took a deep breathe,'Zoom!'.Unfortunately, the Erp reader was too sharp,showed:7.00.01.Firstly, Iwas fined a few hundred dollares foe accelerating.Secondly, I did not put cashcard into the reader when entering.With efforts,we finally arrived at Pasir Ris Park,'Ouch!' caught my attention.

Blood was oozing from my dog's feet.It had stepped on the throns of Durians thrown by hoilday-makers last night.Banners held by them showed hordes of prople used the place, were inconsiderate to leave them behind.I brought out my first-aid to bandage it.I made an appointment with the vet.By then,I had no time for lunch.This was one of the most unluckiest day I had ever encountered before!
What Gerald see is not what he belives

Lazily lying at home, Gerald is a wealthy classmate of Sam.He was focusing his eyes on the dirt of the floor.His mothewr was coming home.He gave a hard thought on how to clean the floor.He reaffirmed himself by checking the calender, it was written:1st January 2008-Spring Cleaning Day, he was dead for sure, so he does something else to change his mood.

He wanted to know how Sam was doing, he turned to his right,reaching out to the mouse.After he had got himself an instance meal for breakfast, he clicked on'Chat Room' of the website.For a time, they were chatting among themselves happily.One of the lines fumed him:"Why are you such a hopeless person, you should look on the bright side!."The sentence strucked him.It reflected his school life:He had failed in making friends with classmates.Sam blamed himself for his daily check of e-mail at the wrong time to notice his presence at chatroom to start the fight.

After the struck of'Hope', he switched to his favourite hobby:he watched Tv on the internet-MOB TV.He searched high and low on the website for his weekly favourite programme.He found none.So, he decided to put up with'Counsellor's Advice', the special programme arranged For New Year season.As he was wacthingthe programme,his spine started from a straight position to a curved one,all the adivce given was nothing to him for he had tried them, he could not think why the Tv station was so fatutous.

From his pale look,his mother could tell that he was bored to death,immediately,his mother received a call from Sam.He initially did not want to attend, but his mother persuaded him.

At the party,food&drinks as well as games were involved.One of the most reminiscent games is'Turth or Dare'.The forfeit is to tell how he or she thinks about Gerald as a classmate.Many gave good comments.He renewed his hopes.Eventually,he uses these words to pull himself up whenever he was feeling low.
Forum Letter Qn:
You are the class monitor/monitress.You notice that students in your school are not courteous and gracious in their behaviour towards their friends and teachers.You decide to respond to a letter that excerpts from Forum page which was published on 21Aug 2008-Graciousness begins at home.Write a letter to suggest reasons for this behaviour in school and propose certain measures to improve the situation.
You must include:
1.how students have been rude and disrespectful
2.what are some of the reactions of some of your friends and teachers
3.why you think students lack courteousy and graciousness
4.what do you think can be done
Essay:
26 August 2008
Courteousy and Graciousness are diminishing
I read with interest of this article,'Graciousness begins at home' written on 21 August 2008.I feel that home is not the main place to teach a child,rather it begins at crowded places.
Students living in the world today has plenty of ways to take revenge on teachers.I remeber when I was in my secondary school,many students attempted to destroy the lift.They vandalises by drawing on the walls beside the lift.Some of those who smoked in the toilets accidentally dropped their ciggrattes beside the lift,the lift was nearly brunt and our principal had been stressing that lifts can only be used by teachers.
For Lower secondary pupils,their boldness was equally bad.Some of the students in my class brainstormed a plan to annoy their teachers.They immediately pasted a note which read,'I AM A TORTOISE,PLEASE KICK ME.' on his back.When the teacher was about to sit on the chair,the chair was taken away and the teacher had a really bad fall.
Many of the classmates who are not involved choose not to interfere their plan.They are afraid that they would be bullied when the teachers are not aroung in class.Some of the teachers chose to ask prefects to sent them down for detention while others choose to have lessons for those who want to learn after school.
I feel that the society is the main cause of the problem.Whenever their friends bring the latest design of handphone,their mind receives a message that they must have one too.I must say that students' mindset are diffcult to change.
I think that a campign should be held frequently to keep reminding them that life values are more important than academic results.I must commend that there are still some stdents who are willing to make the school a better place.In the near future,I truly wish that Courteousy and Graciousness is ubiquitious everywhere,evlvoing into a daily habit.
Essay:My Ideal School
Many people believed that schools are important,no matter what age they are living in.My Ideal school is one which contains the four different aspects that a student will encounter in his school.
The first aspect:Location of School.I hope that my ideal scool will be bulit near Changi Airport.The most important reason is that Macdonald's outlet there has installed computers for students to chat online while students are ordeing more food.There are also Gift Shops which provide a variety of cute ornaments.Secondly,when my Idols come to Departure Hall,I can witness their arrival.Even our classmate,Zhi Sheng,claimed that 'Expresso' is world-class on the Sec 2 Camp trip.
Not only it must be near,the school must have an Exhibition Hall to display Art pieces from different places at different ages,inculding animals' specimens.Of Course,they must not be harmful to humans.Facilities free of obstacle such as special walkways to help disabled to the lift.Toilets must be automatically flushed,if not students will not flush and the hygiene standard is poor.Other than those,a Science Garden and well-equipped sports facilities must be there.
There should be Japanese,German,Italy and Spain food,as not many schools provide the above catergories.The media will be spreadind news that the school is special,many students will be interested to join my scool.
Rules of School:Like students,each form teacher can request a cupboard for their class,with dividers,subject teachers just put into the cupboard what they need for the week,students can refer to the cupboard so that thet will not have to worry to bring the wrong book or bring all the books of the day until their backbone is crooked.Normal rules will ensur that students will enjoy coming to my school.
Last of All,Niche CCAs should not choose pupils that are talented,they should encourage those who are interested to join the CCAs as talent can be nutured,but not interest.Also,they should provude studenta with enough CCAs vaccany.
All of the above 4 aspects will make my school a 'Ideal' one.
Free Writing:Betrayal
A word in Roger's dictionary named 'Ruthless' ordered him through his life as a child.As young as seven years old,he returned home wailing about his classmates bullying him.He often thought that it was a minor matter to borrow 'Marks'secretly from his classmates as he knew his classmates would not help him.The reason behind all his bad habits were due to his parents' neligence.
His parents brought Joy whenever they received a pay rise.Temper would be thrown at him if they had a bad day.He was late for his work on the first day.I happened to be his childhood playmate and went for the same interview as him.I took a taxi and arrived at the 9th floor after a siren sounded that the boss wanted to see the last person for interviews.Thinking that I could miss the chance of interview,I impatiently pressed the button a few times.Just then,Roger arrived at the doorstep of the lift to realize that the lift had travelled towards the 9th floor.He felt pissed off.
From then on,he was certained to make things difficult for me.He often ordered me to work overtime.I and the other colleugues hated him.I secretly made another friend named Timber,we had decided to make sure that he cannot be saved from unemployment.
I visited his department many times,deleting all the nesscarry presentations that already but needed to present the day after.
Also,I switched on the lights of his officewhenever I was pushed to do overtime.Resulting in the boss thinking that he was responsible for the high electric bills.He was initially given a warning,later followed by a few suspensions.The boss did not fire him as he was important in handling the company's vital business.
His instinct told him that no one else would do all those activities to sabotage him.This storm lasted for quite a while until I set up a 'D' plan to get rid of him.I arranged an appointment with my colleugue at Starbucks.
The clause of the management read:Anyone who is disabled has to resign immediately to prevent futher losses of the company.I observed his frequent place of his interest.We hired one professional driver to knock him down,making sure that he was dead.
On that fateful day,I use a masking tape(black) to tape around his eyes,quickly,the other colleugue tied his hands.At last,he was nailed to the wheelchair.I pushed him to the approaching chair.Trying with the strength I have,the wheelchair is still not at the exact postion,so I ran and give a hard push.I did not realize the driver's car hit me.
Thankfully,I was not knocked over as I was tall.I lost my legs.I was sued by Roger.After the hearing from the Court,he lost and we became good friends.

Essay 09
Topic:Write an account when the school asks for an fund-raising event which you volunteered to participate but the funds you raised were lost.

A raucous moan was heard from the students immediately after our principal,Mr Tay reached the stage causually.He announced,"Interested Parties can form groups to submit a fund-raising event through your form teacher for the purchase of Sports Equipment next year."Later,the bell signalled that it was time to get back to classroom with the help of prefects.
As the teachers have not arrived,I went to my friend's table to form a group.I suggested we should carry out a survey to find out what the school liked,and set up a stall to raise funds.The result of the survey was:toys made from recycled materials.We found that the reason is toys made from industrial products such as plastics are not enviromental friendly and they will get sick of the toys when they are older,these toys are easy&cheap to make too!We would make an appointment with our art teacher to learn the way to make toys from recycled materials and designed a banner for the stall.We also distributed flyers during recess.
On the day itself,the stall was packed like sardines.My friends had to mantain order throughout the operation of the stall,while I was in charge of keeping the funds earned.
After the toys were sold out,I carried the bag of money restlessly into the toilet.As I need to squat in the toilet cubicle,I was worried that the bag of money might be soiled,so I left the bag of money at the sink.When I came out of the toilet,I was relieved that the money was there.However,doubting the security of the place,I touched the notes.To my horror,I found out that the notes were fake!
I reported to the form teacher about the incident.They were infuriated at me for not taking good care of the funds raised.Then,I and my teacher decided on a solution to investigate who was the culprit:I and my friends were brought to Discipline Room to write our statements.By the time we completed our statements,lessons were over&we were about to return home.
One of my friends,John told us that he had something urgent,he went to the telephone booth.Naturally,I&my other friends felt that we should be concerned about him.Just as we walked towards the telephone booth,we overheard John speaking to his parents,"Have your brought a similar bag that contained the counterfeit notes that was printed the day before for today's plan?I understand that your creditors are loan sharks,they cannot be trifled with,pay them the interest and I will think of chances for your the next time."The minute I turned my head,I saw another group member had recorded the conversation and handed the handphone to the Discipline Master.Later,Discipline Master gave a call to John's parents to find out that they were in debts.
The Discipline Master decided that he should be sent to Boys' Home if he cannot pay for the losses.He therefore worked as a part-time jobber to repay the debts.As foe me,I was chosen to clean the school for a month.

See,I was spot on!-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNeVTTpEBg

Geography-Yakko's World:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0y8jkfXoX8

NYT BEST SELLES:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/books/bestseller/besthardnonfiction.html

Language bad?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGKg09uU_k&feature=PlayList&p=D66A348DECFDBAB3&index=0&playnext=1

Mr Brown Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RCX_phCKA&feature=related

Mr Brown Part 3:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oKXhH8SSdM&feature=related

Mr Brown Part 4:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ1jbR4LsMg&feature=related

Mr Brown Part 5:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVdgelDmyY&feature=related

2 comments:

randallwee said...

Tough work,but at last worked out!

randallwee said...

I really see the June 1986 'O' level paper,about Marios,the inhaibitants of New Zeland,Pakeha,what Marios call invade foreigners!

I remember there was an old woman Taranga who wants to protects her birth tree (the tree every child owns the second he/she was born-grown by their parents),the Pakehas have been trying to chase down the old woman from the bottom of the trees while she is unconcerened smoking in her tree house.

Some said that she was dead of the fear that Pakehas might chop her tree.(she died of old age)

The expression'Taranga is better off dead than alive' shows the law from the Parliment that one's dead body cannot be dug out from where she was buried (a tradition that anyone is buried under his/her birth tree)stops her birth tree from choping down.